jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Naked

Naked - Megan Hart I will admit I spent most of this book wondering what the deal was with Alex Kennedy. Olivia Mackey is a photographer. She meets Alex Kennedy at her ex/now BFF's house for a holiday party. Actually she doesn't officially meet him until the next morning. BFF gives her a cryptic warning to stay away from Alex but this wouldn't be a book if she did! LOL Olivia has a history - her ex revealed that he was gay 2 weeks prior to their wedding. She was heartbroken and is still in love with him, even though he's in a relationship with another man. She isn't close with her family, her parents are divorced. There are a lot of different things going on in this story revolving around religion, family and beliefs. Olivia isn't sure who she is or who she's supposed to be. But I found myself wondering more who Alex was. We know very little about him throughout almost the entire book. IS HE GAY? I mean there are some obvious reasons I ask that question So... Olivia and Alex fall into a relationship. It's easy... then it's not... meanwhile the BFF is a complete asshole and I can't believe she ever put up with his shit.I think for me, I was confused what the book was truly supposed to be about. I didn't feel like the blurb of the book matched what I was reading about. There was NO mention of this erotic photography book by the way. The emotions felt very real, the heartbreak, the sadness, the loneliness, the worry and the relief... all very well written but the book wasn't really what I was expecting. "I didn't think he wanted me. And I wasn't about to get involved with him, not after what I'd heard. Sure, Alex Kennedy was tall, dark and unbearably hot, but I've been burned before. When I solicited him to model for my erotic photography book, I didn't expect such a heated, passionate photo session. And now that we've crossed that line, our bodies aren't the only things that have been exposed.But I can't give my heart to a man who's so… unconventional. His last sexual relationship was with a married couple. It's enough that my ex-fiancé preferred men, I can't take that chance again no matter how much my body thrives on Alex's touch. I can't risk it, but I can't resist it, either.Alex can be very convincing when he wants something."BTW Alex Kennedy is the character in the book Tempted by the author - which explains a lot of his backstory I suppose. You don't necessarily need to read it first, but it might give you a bit more insight into Alex before reading this.