jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Relentless Seduction (Harlequin Blaze Series #733)

Relentless Seduction - Jillian Burns Claire Brookes and her best friend Julia are in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. While out one night, Julia meets a guy and then disappears on her. Claire only has a picture that places her at a bar called Once Bitten as a clue to where she might be. Heading there to start her search, she quickly finds out how much she stands out.Claire stands out with her frizzy hair, outdated clothing and her occasional stutter, and bar owner, Rafe Moreau is instantly intrigued. His typical hookups are college coed's looking for a good time, nothing that would tie him down but he feels protective of Claire and signs on to help her find her friend.Rafe is very familiar with the seedy parts of New Orleans and has quite the bad boy persona while Claire lives a rigid, structured life in Boston. Bits and pieces of their history make you realize that these two are complete opposites.... but opposites that have an intense attraction that they can't resist. I wish though that this had been a bit longer so we could see some more character growth for these two. Other than that, the story was interesting and the bones of the story and setting was different than your typical romance... sure it's bad boy meets good girl, but there were elements to this that I haven't seem much of in romance stories.Check this one out if you are looking for a quick, steamy romance with a bit of suspense and mystery. Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin for the advance copy for review.This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare: