jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Run To You

Run To You - Charlotte Stein I'm a fan of Charlotte Stein for sure. I love her writing style and her story telling. While I liked this story, I didn't find myself loving it... which is unfortunate. In discussing with my smut BFF cosmo, we both felt like it gave us flashbacks to her last book Deep Desires. That said, I really loved the premise of this story. Allison is living her life day to day... waking up, working, going home and starting all over again the next day. She struggles with her insecurities and her doubts and that is something that I could identify with and made me like her so much more. The sudden departure of her roommate has left her a bit lost. When Allison happens upon a dayplanner that the roommate left behind she notices a repeated appointment identified by only one word - Assignation. Her curiousity soon gets the best of her because she decides to show up at the next one on the calendar.Enter Janos. Janos is of course handsome but intimidating and so instead of reveal herself upon their first meeting, she hides in a closet and observes. When he leaves, there is a surprise for Allison.So starts an intense and slightly awkward relationship where Allison is forced to face her insecurities and realize that they are hers alone. But of course Janos is not perfect either, and I think that is what Charlotte Stein does wonderfully. She can write the heck out of imperfect characters and make you fall for them anyway. I also think that Ms. Stein has a wonderful way with her heroines. They usually have incredibly entertaining inner monologues and Allison is no exception ... these girls think the way real women think and I can appreciate that. If you're looking for a quick, satisfying read I can't recommend this book or pretty much anything from Charlotte Stein! This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare: