jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Let the Sky Fall

Let the Sky Fall - Shannon Messenger Since the day I saw this cover I was dying to get my hands on a copy of this book. It was totally worth every second of wait and all the teasy reviews once I finally had this in my hands. Vane Weston survived a category 5 tornado when he was younger... it killed his parents and he has no memory of anything that has happened prior, other than a beautiful, dark haired girl who he dreams about... a lot. He's convinced himself she isn't real, but then he sees her during waking hours.Audra is a sylph... or an Air Elemental, which means she can control the wind by speaking the different languages. After the death of her father, she and her mother parted ways and she's sworn an oath to become a Guardian... her task is to protect Vane at whatever the cost - even her life. Vane has no clue who he is or what he means to the sylphs but when Audra makes a dire mistake... one that could reveal his location she has a small window of time to explain his heritage and train him to defend himself. Not only to Vane and Audra have to prepare to fight warriors who are out to destroy him, but they must also fight the growing attraction between them because Vane is not destined to be a part of her life.First, I absolutely loved loved the concept of this book. I had never read any books where the characters had some sort of elemental power, (since I read this, I've actually found another series) and I think that what Messenger does with the air element is wonderfully done. It was just incredibly unique to me. Sylphs can use the air to their advantage, whether it's helping them move from one area to the next, or becoming some kind of weapon, it was just really very cool. Audra isn't your normal 17 year old that's for sure... I mean aside from controlling the Air, she was incredibly serious. She had a task to do, one that could cost her her life if she didn't do it correctly. I truly felt for her with the loss of her father and her relationship with her mother. When the full story unravels you can't help but feel for her and I was impressed with how mature she was after everything. Vane... I swear I fell in love with him. *can he be mine Shannon??*The boy is swoooooony. But not in an over-the-top kind of way. Plus... everything he said came across to me as authentic 17 year old boy. He isn't going to let anyone dictate who he should be and who he should care for so he scores major points from me on that front, and the slow build to Vane & Audra was wonderfully done. This book has a little bit of everything for readers - It's fast-paced and engaging and has a wonderful and unique concept that I think you will find exciting and new! (also - no love triangle!!!!) Make sure you add this to your 'to read' pile and bump it up if it's already there. Then sit on the sidelines waiting with me for book 2!!