jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism Series #1)

Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis So I'm totally late to the party on Jill Shalvis, but I have to thank my BFF for opening my eyes to contemporary romance books and how lovely they can be. Especially this author's writing.I don't know how she does it, but I fall a little more in lust with each one of her characters than the last. In Animal Magnetism, (yes, the cover is a bit cheesy and honestly probably why I stayed a way so long) We meet Lilah Young, the co-owner of the town of Sunshine's kennel and a bit scattered. The first time we meet her she's escorting animals to the kennel (a duck and a pig lol). A minor accident occurs and brings *sigh* Brady into the picture. This man... good lord in heaven, he's swoony and sexy and just damn wonderful. (now go ahead and picture the big, tough, sexy man with a little tiny puppy... do it... *SIGH*)I really enjoyed the characters in this book, Yes Brady... lol, but also Lilah. Which isn't typical for me, I usually have a really hard time liking the female leads in some of these books but Lilah was easy to identify with. She was sweet, sassy and incredibly stubborn, but underneath all that, her love of her friends and her job were apparent and I could totally identify with the love of her job (I'd love to have her job!). I saw her struggle but refuse to give up or beg for help - she was incredibly strong and I love that! The book itself flowed wonderfully, was paced really well, and kept me reading. This author doesn't gross me out with icky words but she also doesn't overdo her citrus and I'm totally ok with that. She gives us just enough to use those incredible imaginations we have. Between this book and the Lucky Harbor series, I think I found my fave contemporary romance writer and I can't wait for more in this series. If you're looking for something wonderfully written and a bit steamy with a swoony, sexy guy - Brady and Lilah are perfect - Go give Animal Behavior a read! I promise you'll thank me later!