jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Violet Midnight

Violet Midnight - Lynn Rush Violet Midnight is book one in the Violet Night series from Lynn Rush. This was my first foray into Rush's writing and I wasn't disappointed.Emma Martin finds it a bit hard to blend in with her fellow students on campus these days. She's got a glowing tattoo and unimaginable powers and... well, she hunts vampires. Think Buffy with violet eyes and a tattoo that tells her when one is near. When she's discovered by the handsome Jake Cunningham they have an instant connection and he divulges some information about himself. Two years ago something happened to him and now he too has unexplained powers. Their assumption is that he too is a Hunter. But something is happening in their small college town because after months of silence from the vampires, there is suddenly way more unexplained activity. While I enjoyed this book, I didn't love it. The writing felt a bit too simplistic to me and the characters were not as developed as I would have liked to see. Plus... instalove always really really hurts me. It's just so hard for me to grasp and so I struggled with that a bit.What I liked... a kick-ass heroine who isn't dependent on a guy to save her. Emma was tough and while she and I felt that she and Jake almost seem to fall for each other based on their circumstances rather than true feelings, she didn't let those feelings for him cloud her purpose. (You'll understand why I say that when you read this book!) Plus there is a ton of action! With the influx of Vampires in town we get to experience Emma and Jake in action quite a bit.I think that fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer might really enjoy this book and if it sounds like your kind of thing, you'll be happy to know that book two is due out today! This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare: