jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

ON THE JELLICOE ROAD

On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta If goodreads allowed half stars I would have given this book 4.5 but I couldn't go down to 4 so it got 5 and I have a good reason for why I say that!The first 100 or so pages of this book are confusing as hell. Don't stop reading, because it's meant to be. When everything starts falling into place and you start piecing the chapters together is when I immediately thought 'holy crap this is kinda brilliant.' I don't want to give anything away in this review, but I will say that every character in this book has a purpose and I love that. I loved the way they all evolved in the book. It's filled with mystery, a bit of danger and even some romance. I admittedly have a habit of falling for the male characters in books and this is no exception. Jonah Griggs starts out as a total jerk ... or so you think. It turns out that Taylor's perception of him isn't really who he is. When he spills his secrets, you're going to want to hug him close. Definitely going on my favorite and reread list!