jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Everbound: An Everneath Novel

Everbound: An Everneath Novel - I don't even know where to start with this book... in all honesty this was a 4 star book for me... until the end. I have to say this right up front, Everbound probably is one of the better book 2's in any series I've read. I liked book 1 but I didn't love it... but I loved book 2 and that rarely happens for me. In book 1, Nikki watched her boyfriend Jack sacrifice himself for her to be taken to the tunnels of the Everneath and be fed on ... now she's determined to go there and find him and bring him back. Even if it means going without Cole. If you didn't read Neverfall, you should. It gives a bit of insight into Cole and his feelings for Nikki. I know I won't be the first person to admit that have a bit of a crush on him and all this book did is solidify those feelings. Nikki pleads with Cole to help her bring Jack back... each night Jack joins her in his dreams, he's fading and she can tell it's only a matter of time before he's not in her dreams at all and gone forever.So they descend into The Everneath to do what, most likely, no one else has ever done. Rescue someone from the tunnels. But navigating through the Everneath of course isn't easy and in order to keep her tie to Jack Nikki has to keep remembering him. I loved the use of the flashbacks to really show her connection with him and give us readers a real sense of their history. That said, don't go into this book with the expectation of a lot of Jack, because he just isn't here most of the time. Instead we get to see a lot more of Cole and Nikki and watching their relationship evolve from her hatred and disgust of him, to thinking she understands him a bit more. Yes, the dreaded love triangle is ever present as Cole continues to make his intentions known and Nikki fights him and shows him with words and stories that she and Jack belong together. I spent most of this book vascillating between who I thought she should choose.And then BAM that end. and this...I can't say anymore about this other than you want to read this series. If you haven't started it yet, run out and get it now. This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare: