jaimearkin

Fiction Fare

I read books like it's my job... even though it's not! My blog is called Fic Fare! Please make sure you're following me over there www.fictionfare.blogspot.com

Please friend/follow me if you're truly interested in having book conversations.

Other things you might want to know... - I read... too much sometimes probably, but I love it. - I love to use gifs. you've been warned. - I'm not afraid to share my opinion. Even if it's unpopular. We can't all like the same things, but I'll be respectful and I expect you to be as well. Thanks for checking me out! Can't wait to discuss all the books with you!!

Finnikin of the Rock
Melina Marchetta
The Unwanteds
Lisa McMann
Coda
Emma Trevayne
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken

Faking It

Faking It - Cora Carmack Someone mentioned when I was starting this that they were afraid they were going to miss Garrick in this book. To be honest, I felt the same way, which is why I kept putting off picking this book up. I loved Garrick. (probably just as much as Bliss!) But I can safely say that I didn't think of Garrick AT ALL while reading this story. Cade won me over and stole my heart!Cade thought he was in love with Bliss... Now she's got Garrick and they are moving on... without him. But Cade is back in school and determined to make it as an actor. A chance meeting between Cade & Max has him playing the role of a lifetime... that of Max's respectable boyfriend. Cade can't seem to catch a break though, because the stunning and captivating Max already has a sort of boyfriend, and Max seems to avoid commitment like the plague. Max hates pretending to be someone she isn't in front of her parents, but she has to if she wants to continue to get support from them. It's the only way she can continue to play her music and pursue her dream. Pretending that Cade is her boyfriend isn't going to cause too much trouble is it? Like I said, I really enjoyed this story, and Cade walked away with my heart after reading this. Max aptly labeled Cade 'Golden Boy' early on... simply because he strives to be the best and succeed and you might think that makes him straight-laced and boring. You would be wrong. He slipped his hands underneath the frills of my skirt, gripped my thighs, and said, "Ride me." What was it about a nice boy saying naughty things that was so damn hot?"We didn't get to know all that much about him in Losing It, just the basics, but even in that story, I kind of loved him, so I knew I would be fighting a losing battle here. What I loved most though, is that these two seemingly opposite people had so much chemistry. They were drawn to each other and not just on a physical level which *fans self* but emotionally and mentally as well. Pain changes us. Mine made me want to be perfect, so that no one would ever want to leave me again."What didn't work for me... the sister-in-law. I didn't understand her hatred of Max at all. It wasn't explained very well and while it made me angry, I needed more. I think I just needed a bit more background on why she felt that way about Max. I just felt that part of the story was a bit underdeveloped. I have to say that books like this are probably why I still give the NA genre a chance. This book handles real issues and still gives me a hot guy to lust after, a heroine I don't end up hating, and a sweet romance to enjoy. This is definitely a wonderful follow up to Losing It and I'm incredibly excited to see what we get in Finding It. Thank you to Edelweiss & HarperCollins for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare: